Some of the greatest air purifiers you can find at your local greenhouse, and your shopping local!
Did you know that having an Aloe plant inside your home or on your desk is considered an oxygen bomb? It cleans all of the toxins in your home and certainly helps clean them in your office space. To be honest, ALL desks in an office should have an Aloe plant.
The following plants are known to better the air quality in your home and office;
- Aloe: This plant is great for increasing the oxygen level in your home and office because it absorbs carbon dioxide, formaldehyde and carbon monoxide. According to NASA, just one Aloe Vera plant can replace nine (9), yes THATS NINE, air purifiers.
- Ficus: This is a low light plant, and easy to maintain and very effective at removing formaldehyde. Please note: the leaves may be poisonous, please keep this plant away from pets and children.
- Ivy: If you bring this plant into your home, within the first six hours it will remove 60% of the toxins in the air and 58% of feces particles. Hmmmm sounds like a bathroom plant.
- Spider Plant: This plant absorbs toxins such as carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, gasoline and styrene. Just on Spider plant can clean the air in 200 square meters of space.
- Snake Plant: The Snake plant can produce photosynthesis in low light. This plant will produce a lot of oxygen at night and perfect for the bedroom just for that reason.
- Peace Lilies: Use this plant to remove formaldehyde and trichloroethylene from the air.
Now I ask you; what plant are you going out to purchase this weekend to bring into your office and/or home?
For more information on our Wellness and Sustainability programs for business and homes, please feel free to contact us. We are successfully implementing significant changes that affect indoor air quality, lighting, water and we would be delighted to share how cleaner indoor air can increase productivity and decrease absenteeism.
Source: NASA study on domestic plants.